Church Nursery Worker Job Description
Memorial Lutheran Church of Afton is seeking a nursery worker to care for our youngest community members. This worker will have the benefits of working in a healthy, caring community and playing with children for a couple of hours each weekend!
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 4 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities and ages.
- At least 16 years of age and willingness to undergo a background check if over 18.
- Be able to provide three references that speak to experience with children, temperament, and reliability.
- Work each Sunday 9:15am-11:30am. Arrive by 9:15am each Sunday to staff the nursery during worship (9:30am-10:30am) and the education hour (10:30am-11:30am). There will be many weeks that the nursery is not utilized during the second hour and the nursery worker would be free to go early.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which may include: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, and play.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- In the event of an emergency notify the parent or other church staff.
- Straighten the room and clean any toys/beds before leaving.
- Report to Pastor or Faith Formation director any issues which are hindering the carry out of the duties or responsibilities.
- Communicate in advance 1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.
We hope you will consider working in this wonderful church with our little ones! Please send a letter of inquiry and contact information for references to Pastor Elizabeth at email@example.com or drop your letter off at the church office.
15730 S. Afton Blvd, Afton, MN 55001
(651) 436-1138 www.memoriallutheran.org